Friday, March 25, 2011

Future Media Practitioner

“Speech is power: speech is to persuade, to convert, to compel. It is to bring another out of his bad sense into your good sense”.
What got me honestly to Mass Communication Program was the field of Broadcasting, Events Organization, Public relation, Theater Arts and same with the TV and radio production; that I thought I could definitely excel.
Well, I like my course and I definitely loved  it , I felt that the field really suits me and my personality, for my likes  are all into it as well.
I’m just an incoming 3rd year student in this upcoming school year, so, my knowledge about Mass Communication  might not be that broad as of now and there are still a lot of subjects and things that I need to study and to tackle too. But to tell you right away, well I’m definitely enjoying it. So, I would just like to share to you my experiences as a Mass Communication student from the day that I’ve started learning it.


To begin with, as of now, were fond of attending different seminars that deals with the topics that would most likely help us in the near future, we were meeting different speakers that are truly credible enough on the said field. 

-->


There were also instances wherein we were able to meet directors: commercials, films, art, indie film directors and etc... That give us prior knowledge on certain things one should consider if ever we wanted to continue on the field of cinema. 
 

with celebrities

It is indeed really fun as well, when we come to see distinctive celebrity personalities either from the film or from the television industry. It feels great when they’ve come to be very accommodating that they let us to take pictures with them; and being polite to respond to some of our questions. That let us to become more sociable and to forget our shyness. 



What I also loved about  my chosen field is when we were assigned to organized certain events even just inside our classrooms, we tend to make short films and video presentation already and showcase it to certain audiences such as students and some professors as well. There were also some instances where we were also hosting a program or to become a presenter on certain events, that really helped us to boosts our self-confidence no matter where we are.



Moreover, Theater Arts is also a part of the Mass Communication program, wherein we were able to express ourselves through acting, dancing, and singing. It also helped us to become more comfortable as to performing to large number of audiences and to present in front of them.

Those fields were just some of the fields being tackled through the Mass Communication Program; so, I hope to learn more about it in the near  future to come.

Mass Communication students may seemed to be easy-go-lucky to other people, but they didn't know that being a Mass Comm student it is as tough as any other courses in the field of education even in the real-life situations. Being in media is a very tedious job and being a Mass Comm student also has great responsibility to face. Being a Mass Comm student has a lot of trainings to do because to be in the media industry that is very broad world. We may not know how to heal wounds like nurses, we may not win the case just like lawyers do, we may not be as intelligent as mathematicians but we, Mass Communication are also can be heroes and not just good heroes but great leaders that could also create a huge difference on our society.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment